Today is April 17, 2021 -
Welcome to our website for the North by Northwest Region of WLCJ. We are pleased you are checking us out!
Our NxNW Region covers a large area stretching from the Provinces of British Columbia and Alberta in Canada, through Washington State and Oregon to Northern California.
The Region presently includes 9 individual Sisterhoods that hold their own programming during the year. We also have individual members who do not have a nearby Sisterhood community but want to stay connected with Women’s League and our Conservative Jewish community.
The Region, along with the International Women’s League, offers support through a bi-weekly newsletter, messages to our members, on-line Distance Workshops, in-person training programs, a wealth of information on the internet, and even an on-line book club.
We usually gather twice a year, in the fall and spring, when we conduct region business and provide education for our “Sisters”. Of course this also allows time to build our connections, make new friends and re-energize ourselves and our Sisterhoods! In between, we take advantage of electronic technology to allow us to see each other during planning meetings.
As members of the International Women’s League for Conservative Judaism, we support Torah Fund, an arm of WLCJ that raises funds to support the Conservative Jewish Seminaries in New York, Los Angeles, Jerusalem, Buenos Aires, and now in Potsdam, Germany. Torah Fund is essential for supporting the education of our Conservative Rabbis, Cantors and Jewish Educators. We also support Mercaz, and have opened communication pathways with our Masorti (Israeli) sisters to share information.
North by Northwest Region, WLCJ
NxNW Region Spring Conference (Virtually)Save the Dates: Sunday and Monday April 11th and 12th, 2021This year you have the opportunity to attend the Conference and listen to all the wonderful speakers and learn together without having to travel.Each Sisterhood will pay a single fee of $100 to allow for attendance to all of its Sisterhood members.WL individual members (women with no Sisterhood)will pay $18.The link for the event will be sent just prior to April 11Here are the highlights to look forward to:DAY 1:
- Greetings from our International President Debbie Goldich
- Election and Installation of officers for a three year term for the NxNW Region
- Chocolate Presentation: The Origin of Jewish Chocolate
- Goal Setting and Strategic Planning
- Torah Fund Presentation with a special video from WL Torah Fund Chair Barbara EzringDAY 2:
- Torah Study
- Team Building
- Creative handcraft session
- Book Club: “The Third Daughter” by Talia Carner“In The Third Daughter, Talia Carner ably illuminates a little-known piece of history: the sex trafficking of young women from Russia to South America in the late 19th century. Thoroughly researched and vividly rendered, this is an important and unforgettable story of exploitation and empowerment that will leave you both shaken and inspired.” —Pam Jenoff, New York Times bestselling author of The Lost Girls of ParisClick here for the complete agenda, subject to change: